Unable to copy from SFTP source with version 4.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to copy from SFTP source with version 4.4

For the past few weeks I have been unable to copy files using SFTP. The program creates the file on the target but then does not copy the data, so I end up with a "0 byte" file. Finally I figured out that this started happening since installing version 4.4...

I am in urgent need to have a functioning program, but sadly have no access to the previous version of the software. If you still have a link to the previous version I could use to download it, it would be highly appreciated.

I have created a BcLogTrace file which I could send you. It should contain one instance of such "empty copying", but I could create another log file as needed.

Hello,

Yes, if you could email in to support@scootersoftware.com with:
    1) a link back to this forum thread for our reference
    2) the Log

we can get you an older setup.exe to resume your day to day work as a portable install, and work with you to troubleshoot the issue in 4.4. If you are able, are you able to create a test account to the FTP server? That usually greatly increases the troubleshooting speed.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thank you for sending the log by email. It looks like you're copying between two Synology NAS devices with both devices accessed via SFTP. What version of the Synology DSM operating system is running on the NAS devices?
      Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Both NAS have already been updated to DSM 7.0-41890.

Comment

I have same sftp connection issue after updating to the latest BC4. My mac is in big sur. I had sent the log to the support email address. Hope they can solve the issue soon.

The best is don't upgrade to the latest BC4 at this moment.

Comment

Jay, thank you for sending the email with your Beyond Compare settings, I followed up with you by email.
            Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Today I have updated the Synology NAS to DSM 7.0.1-42218. Unfortunately the problem persists.

Comment

Thanks for confirming that. I'll add those notes to our tracker entry on the subject.
                Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
                X