Right-click menu appears at the bottom of the screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right-click menu appears at the bottom of the screen

Nuisance-level complaint, aesthetic, does not effect workflow.

When I right-click on a file in a folder compare, the menu will usually show up at the bottom of the screen instead of anywhere near where I right-clicked. The X is correctly aligned, but the Y is usually as low as can be placed without collapsing the menu. Sometimes it actually does show up lower, requiring scrolling down on the pop-up menu to display the correct options.

This appears related to multi-screen functionality. I have two external screens in addition to the one on the laptop. When I move the BC window to my left screen, the right-click menu shows up in the correct location. When it's on the right screen or the laptop screen, it shows up at the bottom of the screen.

Hello,

Thanks for the report. Which combination of versions are you currently running? BC 4.3.7 and on which version of MacOS?

For positioning of monitors, how are they 'positioned' from one another in the System Preferences, Display, Arrangement tab?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I can confirm similar behaviour - my context menus appear at the top of the screen on some displays, rather than the bottom, though. I'm running BC 4.3.7 build 25118 on Mac OS 11.4.

I've attempted to attach a screenshot of my display arrangement. The only monitor where the context menus appear in the correct position is the central monitor (with the menu bar).

Comment

Ah hah! While I don't have vertical monitors, I was able to get this reproducing by dragging my extended display into a non-conventional position, so there's something miscalculating here. I'll open a tracker entry to investigate. Thanks very much for the monitor layout idea.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Same problem here.

The right click menu randomly shifts to the bottom of the screen or partially off the bottom of the screen. Most of the menu items are greyed out as well when this happens. Right clicking on another file and then going back to right click on the desired file can sometimes restore the right click menu to its proper position with all menu items active.

I am running V4.4 build 25886 on macOS High Sierra V10.13.6. I only have the standard single screen.

Comment

Hello,

With only one screen, this could be related but not as easily reproducible. Do you have any helper apps or organization-like software installed that could be managing window positions or layouts? Did you have a second screen plugged in at any point since the last system restart?
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

No screen organizer or window helper apps installed. Have never used a second screen with this Mac.

Comment

What resolution and DPI combination are you running?

How often does this occur for you? And I assume the issue persists after a full system restart?
                Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

1920 x 1080 resolution.

It is a rather ancient 21.5in iMac with an AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512MB graphics system and all display settings on their default values

Comment

Thanks. I'll add these notes to our entry on the subject as we investigate the issue.
                    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
                    X