No announcement yet.

SFTP sync pauses; BC4 gets lazy and takes a break when not active application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SFTP sync pauses; BC4 gets lazy and takes a break when not active application

When I do an SFTP transfer with BC4 on Mac, I've noticed the transfer pauses when BC4 is on another desktop (aka "space"). Like I have 4 different desktops, which you can see via Mission Control. I keep BC4 on Desktop #3 and then I go back to do my other work on Desktop #1. I have a little network speed widget which lets me know how much download/upload I'm using. I notice that it's not doing anything after a while, and so I go back to Desktop #3 and then all of the sudden, the bandwidth jumps up to full usage again. It's almost as if BC4 is going into some "sleep mode" and then wakes up when I look at it again. I've noticed that this only happens with SFTP, not with regular syncs among local hard drives.

Thanks for the report. I'll open a tracker entry to investigate. Which version of MacOS are you currently running, and which version of BC4?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks Aaron. I'm running macOS 11.1 and BC4 4.3.7 Build 25118.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
        Thanks for the report. I'll open a tracker entry to investigate. Which version of MacOS are you currently running, and which version of BC4?
        Hi Aaron, has there been any development on this? I'm still encountering this issue.

Comment

Sorry, this is still an open item in our internal bug tracker.
          Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

By the way, I noticed that this happens even if BC4 is just not the active window, it doesn't have to be in a separate desktop space.

Comment

Hello,

I've tried transferring to and from an local<>SFTP, making other windows active over BC4 and minimizing BC4, but haven't seen it stall yet. What steps are you following? In my tests, I have another Desktop created in Mission Control, but I'm not navigating to it.
              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Hi Aaron,

I just tested this out again, and for some reason wasn't able to reproduce it when another window is active on the same desktop space. However, when I moved BC4 to desktop space #2 and went back to space #1, I was able to reproduce the issue. Here is a video I recorded of my testing. I sped up portions of it so that it's not crazy long for you

https://sca.cimediacloud.com/r/QCohHB4zv6ON
                At 1:05 is when I begin the test of moving to a separate space
                At 1:55 is when the transfer stops
                At 2:45 is when I make BC4 active again and then the transfer starts up again

By the way, I realized I didn't mention it before, but I am using a VPN. Not sure if this changes anything.

I hope this helps, if you have any further Q's please let me know.

Comment

Working...
                X