BC 4.3.24076 x64 (beta) : scrolling extreamly slow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC 4.3.24076 x64 (beta) : scrolling extreamly slow

Just installed the x64 buid and to my surprise it did not crash but apparently horizontal scrolling becomes unbearably slow, with the pad or with the bars, similar ~2fps experience, even if the file had only ~300 lines. Maybe is related to 5K resolution? No visible memory or cpu hogging.

Hello,

Which physical action are you taking to scroll? If you click and drag around the scroll bar? Or using a trackpad (two-finger) approach?

How wide are your sample files? Would you be able to email into support@scootersoftware.com with a pair of sample files and your BCSupport.zip from the Beyond Compare menu -> Support dialog; Export? Please also include a link back to this forum thread for our reference. Any hardware information you can include in the email would also be useful.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Performance is not related to file size, is related to window size. If I resize the window to make it small the scroll performance goes to normal. But when I maximize it to fit the entire screen (5K!) it becomes almost impossible to use.

Clearly you need to try with HiDPI and big screen to see it.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

Comment

Working...
      X