Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark mode please (for App Chrome)

Hi -

I have been using Beyond Compare for decades, probably 20 years now (not sure when you started.) As a developer, it is a go-to tool that I use multiple times a day. In recent years, I have been transitioning all my tools to draw mode, as it is much easier on the eyes and I have found it helps with headaches induced by eyestrain. With Dark mode fully supported in macOS Mojave, the transition is almost complete.

I had previously tried the dark color schemes available on your web site, but had reverted to default because they just didn't seem to work well. I tried them again this week, and now that everything else is dark, I realize why they are so jarring - it is because they are still surrounding by a light mode app chrome (window borders, scroll bars, etc.) The lightness surrounding the work area is distracting and pulls attention away from the work area.

Can we please have a true dark mode for the app chrome at some point?

Once again, I can't do without this app - I will use it light or dark. But my eyes and head would sure appreciate a dark mode!

Thanks for all your great work!

Thanks for the suggestion. Support for macOS Mojave dark mode is on the feature request list for a future version of Beyond Compare.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

The lightness surrounding the work area is distracting and pulls attention away from the work area.
      Chris - Yes we love the app but even if we can add something that helps us deal with the "brightness", that would work wonders as well. Overall, keep kicking a$$. Cheers!
      Last edited by Polkaboss; 04-Jan-2019, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X