Pressing ESCape to close file comparison doesn't work for all files on Mac (4.0.7)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Would it be possible to get a screenshot of the inserted character? If you hit Esc multiple times, does it insert multiple characters? What action, in this bad state, can be used to successfully close the window?

Also, which version of MacOS are you currently running?
    Last edited by Aaron; 24-Apr-2017, 11:40 AM. Reason: Added: MacOS Version?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• luckman212
      Expert
      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Aaron
      Hello,

Would it be possible to get a screenshot of the inserted character? If you hit Esc multiple times, does it insert multiple characters? What action, in this bad state, can be used to successfully close the window?

Also, which version of MacOS are you currently running?
      I will capture a screenshot next time it happens. YES pressing <ESC> repeatedly does insert multiple of these odd characters. Pressing the small "[x]" on the tab does work to close it. When I last had the problem I was running 10.12.4 but I am now running 10.12.5 beta 3. I will keep testing and update more the next time it happens. Are there any newer beta versions of BC4.2 for Mac? The last update was in Feb.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

We don't have another update ready yet, but we're in a QA stage for the next release. Depending how testing goes will determine the release, but we don't have a date yet.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Actually we have another potential fix in the upcoming release. Please hold off on testing for now until this is released, or email us at [email protected] and we can get you a build to test with.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Chris
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Beyond Compare 4.2 was released earlier today, it contains a fix for the Esc key inserting characters bug on macOS.
            Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...