Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse side scroll

Hi BC team,

I recently dedicated a budget for improving my productivity, which included BC as well as a Logitech MX Master 3 mouse.
    I'm on Ubuntu 19.10 and have to say that the native BC feels great!
    What I realized a bit later though is the the side scroll wheel of my mouse doesn't really scroll horizontally but instead of that it scrolls vertically.

Beyond Compare is the only program I've observed this behavior and while I do keep in mind to not use it inside BC, I often get bited by this and get disoriented.

It would be great if we could have mouse side-scrolling support in BC4.

Kind regards,
    Thodoris

Did you have to change any Linux settings to enable horizontal scrolling?

What is an example application that responds correctly to horizontal scrolling on your Linux system?

I tested horizontal scrolling using a Logitech Marathon Mouse (M705) in an Ubuntu 20.04 virtual machine running under VMWare Workstation 15.5.2 on a Windows 10 Pro PC.

In my test environment, horizontal scrolling with mouse wheel does nothing in my Linux virtual machine, both in Beyond Compare 4.3.4 and FireFox. I'm not sure if that's because I'm testing in a virtual machine or because there's a system setting that needs to be changed to enable horizontal scrolling on Linux.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Hi Chris,

No I didn't have to change any other setting.
      It's a less than 6 months old fresh install and I don't remember having to change anything.

It works out of the box with other apps like Firefox, Chrome & SublimeText.

Comment

Thanks, I'll find a physical instead of virtual Linux machine and investigate horizontal scrolling.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X