Linux Darkmode System color setting leaves bcompare unusable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Darkmode System color setting leaves bcompare unusable

I am using color scheme Adwaita-dark on RHEL 7.7 and many areas of the bcompare UI are not usable anymore. I tried all available color schemes but none of them really resulted in a usable UI.
    Is it possible to ignore the dark scheme for bcompare with an option? Currently I have black letters on black background :-(
    I also tried to tweak with the setting but I could not find good settings which work and for some areas of the GUI it is not possbile to adjust the color at all.
    What can I do?

Thanks
    Michael

To override the theme for Beyond Compare 4, launch it with the terminal command:
    bcompare -style=cleanlooks

Dark theme support is on the todo list for a future version of Beyond Compare.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

I'm having issues too with the dark theme on Kubuntu and I want to use the default light theme of bcompare. I tried using `-style=cleanlooks` but with no success. Is there another way ?

Comment

Try using the command line argument without the = to launch Beyond Compare for Linux using a light theme:
        bcompare -style cleanlooks
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Hi Chris,
          Still no effect:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	bcompare_0.png
Views:	75
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	83377​Here some system info:
          Operating System: Kubuntu 20.04
          KDE Plasma Version: 5.18.4
          KDE Frameworks Version: 5.68.0
          Qt Version: 5.12.8
          Kernel Version: 5.4.0-29-generic
          OS Type: 64-bit
          Theme: Breeze dark.

Even after changing the theme to light ( Breeze ) the bcompare starts with dark theme .

Comment

I don't know what happen but after switch to light and then again back to dark theme, the bcompare uses light theme. For me my issue is fixed, but I don't know what happened.

Comment

Working...
            X