Xubuntu 19.04 Context Menu extensions no longer working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xubuntu 19.04 Context Menu extensions no longer working

So I upgraded Xubuntu from 18.10 to 19.04 and not the extensions no longer are working. I know that part of the update included an updated version of Thunar (now version 1.8.4)

The extensions are still there,
    Code:
    /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/thunarx-2/bcompare-ext-thunarx.so
    but for some reason, they are just no longer working.

Anybody else come across this issue and were you able to get it to work?

Thanks

Thanks for the report. It looks like XUbuntu 19.04 uses a thunarx-3 directory. I've tried a manual set up to both x-2 and x-3, but neither is working on my test system with the current .so file.

We also have a GitHub repository, if another user has a solution to submit:
    https://github.com/ScooterSoftware/BCompare-LinuxMenus

As a workaround, BC4 does support a drag and drop into the main interface (or left or right panes).
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Debian 10 (Buster) - XFCE 4.12 - Thunar 1.8.4

I tried to :
      # cp /usr/lib/beyondcompare/ext/bcompare-ext-thunarx.amd64.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/thunarx-3/bcompare-ext-thunarx.so
      then Thunar crashed on context menu ! Must remove it :
      # rm /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/thunarx-3/bcompare-ext-thunarx.so

As a workaround, attached bc_thunar.txt is my bash script added as a Thunar Custom Action.

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the patch info. Are you familiar with the above linked github project? If you are comfortable editing code directly, we have the files available for review.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Yes, I have looked at github. Sure, it would be better to update the code there, but I am not skilled enough in C. Sorry !

Comment

Created a pull request that gets the extension working in Thunar 1.8 and later. Only outstanding issue is that the icons do not appear correctly and I don't know enough about GTK to figure it out just yet.

In case you fancy giving it a spin the PR includes the 64-bit so.

Comment

Thanks! This probably won't make it into 4.3.5, but we'll look into it for a following update.
              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks dljaime, I did :
                # cp <download>/bcompare-ext-thunarx.amd64.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/thunarx-3/bcompare-ext-thunarx.so
                and it's working (bad icons) on Debian 10 (Buster) - XFCE 4.12 - Thunar 1.8.4.

Comment

Running XFCE4 on ubuntu 20.04. dljaime - Though the .so is no longer crashing Thunar, BeyondCompare is not showing in the context menu. I have downloaded your code and am looking.

Comment

Context menu support for Thunar 1.8 (Xubuntu 20.04) is now included in Beyond Compare 4.3.5, released earlier today.
                    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
                    X