Raspberry Pi..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry Pi..

I've searched thru all the posts I can find before explicitly asking. Am a user on Windows, Mac, & Ubuntu; wonderful software (SW). That said, is there a path thru which I might install on a Raspberry Pi? Been using Jessie & moving to Stretch. I assume a fallback would be to surface thru a share & use on one of the other platforms, but I'd prefer native & local execution, esp if running in an isolated environment. My normal SW dev't environment includes VS & Jetbrains products, mostly Geany for editing, in the VB, Python, Golang, & C languages; Pascal & others a long time ago. Used to teach UG & Graduate CS courses. Mostly SCADA & 'very large' DBMSs (mySQL, SQL Server, Oracle). Thanks in advance; so appreciate BC, esp in moving among multiple environments.

We haven't run on a Pi in office, but if you can install one of the supported Linux distributions (with X Windows) and all other required libraries, it might be able to run. Do any of your environments support X Windows and installing from a .deb or .rpm?

Otherwise, yes, in many cases we see users access the system as a shared network folder from a primary desktop.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Correction: Raspberry Pi's run on ARM chips, so BC4 isn't going to be able to run on that hardware.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

going forward this is not acceptable. Besides that, I do not think beyond compare needed any hardware acceleration in
        order to do the comparing jobs.
        Arm unveils its 2020 roadmap, with its Deimos and Hercules chips aiming to take on Intel's dominance.
        Last edited by Jaigay; 13-May-2019, 09:35 PM.

Comment

This page provides the information for you to get started developing ARM64 win32 and UWP apps.

Comment

Beyond Compare only supports Intel CPUs on Windows, macOS, and Linux. Our development team is very small, so supporting an additional operating system or CPU architecture is not trivial. Due to limited resources, we don't have plans to support ARM CPUs at this time. We'll monitor the market share of ARM CPU PCs and may adjust our plans if they become popular.
            Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

I could not understand the meaning of the additional OS.

Raspbian is a free operating system based on Debian optimized for the Raspberry Pi hardware.
              https://www.scootersoftware.com/down...hp?zz=kb_linux
              3.3.13 4.0.7 4.1+
              Debian 8 x x x
              Debian 9 x x x

Comment

Sorry, even if we already support Beyond Compare for Linux on Debian for Intel CPUs, producing a version for Debian on ARM is not trivial. We don't plan to support ARM at this time.

To compare files or folders on an ARM CPU system, you'll need to run Beyond Compare on a supported Intel CPU system, then compare the files over the network using a shared drive (SMB), FTP, FTPS, or SFTP.
                Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
                X