Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jlg07
    Enthusiast
    • Nov 2018

Sorry - I was thinking you meant one of the linux desktops! I do have xwindows (using mobaxterm. Thanks I will do this and let you know.

Comment

• jlg07
      Enthusiast
      • Nov 2018

Also, you mention that the SCRIPT requires a GUI? Isnt' there any way to run the script as a stand alone or silent run? The idea is to use the script in a shell script wrapper to run as a batch job every day - this will be as process on the linux box and NOT kicked off by any user, so the graphical environment would not be available.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

BC4's script mode still requires a graphical interface environment due to how BC4's libraries and how it executes. It can be set to run silently, but has to be run in an environment that could show the interface. Also, for any initial runs or troubleshooting, all silent tags should be removed since they suppress all dialogs or error messages.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• jlg07
          Enthusiast
          • Nov 2018

Is there a size limit to the number or total size of the files being compared in Linux? The full set works in windows. I was playing with the various file in linux, and I moved one file out of the directories, and it worked (produced a report). I thought maybe THAT file was an issue in linux, but I ran JUST that file, and it also worked.

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Hello,

The 32bit version can hit memory limits, while the 64bit can theoretically hit much larger memory limits depending on the exact task you are doing. For the 32bit tests, these are some of the tested scenario numbers:
            http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...z=kb_maxfilev3

When you compare without the one file, then compare the one file, then move that one file back, what is the exact error you hit? Also which report and which report options do you have enabled for these test runs? If you've made any changes while troubleshooting, these could have an impact on the tests.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• jlg07
              Enthusiast
              • Nov 2018

I have the 64 bit version installed:
              Beyond Compare 4 64-bit edition version 4.2.9 (build 23626).

When I compare the files that gives me the issue -- the compare just runs and doesn't stop -- I don't get any particular error back. I've let it run as long as 45 minutes before killing it.

I may want to open a support item for this (how do I do that?)

Comment

• jlg07
                Enthusiast
                • Nov 2018

It hangs write at this:
                02/26/2019 09:36:20 AM >> output-to:"/home/......./TEST/Reports/TestDiff.2019-02-26.html" output-options:html-color

This is the last line in the script that is executing...

Comment

• Aaron
                  Team Scooter
                  • Oct 2007

Hello,

Has your script changed at all? If there have been any updates, please include the latest copy.

The previous script was performing a text-report on every file in the comparison. This means the generated .html file is selecting every file in the entire comparison, and then placing all of their different text content into a single .html file (which requires building the rules-based comparison for every file). This is very intensive, and if you have any large files that are different, it would also include that full content into the .html, making it extremely large as well. For example, if there is a single 1gb file somewhere in that comparison that is an Orphan (only on one side), the previous script would then include that entire 1gb of content into the .html report.

You can always email us privately at [email protected] with exact files, logs, etc. Please include a link back to this forum thread in the email for our reference.
                  Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• jlg07
                    Enthusiast
                    • Nov 2018

TY for your help Aaron -- I've sent an email to the support address on this (and it has the link to this thread)

Comment

Working...