X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeahyeah
    started a topic Separate windows for separate groups of diffs

Separate windows for separate groups of diffs

I want to diff two logically separate groups of files from the command line. The first group (a GIT change, essentially) contains files A and B; the 2nd contains files C and D.

The issue I'm having is that I'm not able to open two BC4 windows with two tabs each from the command line. This is what I'm looking for:
    -First window contains two tabs, one for A and another for B (old vs new version)
    -Second window contains another two tabs for the diffs of C and D

If I run:
    Code:
    bcompare old_A new_A & # opens window 1 bcompare old_B new_B & # opens tab in window 1 bcompare -solo old_C new_C & # opens window 2
    bcompare old_D new _D & # opens tab...in window 1, not 2
    , the D diff tab opens in the same window where A and B are. In other words, "solo" windows only seem to accept a single diff/tab.

How can I then group logically related diffs (tabs) in their own window then?
    Last edited by yeahyeah; 10-Jan-2019, 05:27 PM.

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello,

This isn't supported in the current version of BC4 from the command line directly, but if you call all 4 instances into 4 tabs, you can then right-click -> pull off one tab to create a new window, and then drag the 4th tab into the new window. This won't work in combination of -solo, however, as the tabs can only drag between the same process, and the solo window would be a separate process.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X