Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nowhere to enter license key with expired trial

Hi There,

I did the free trial of BC4 build 18847. The free trial expired, and I bought a license. However, there is no place to enter it. When I launch the program it says:

You 30-day evaluation period has ended.
    This program will stop running in 12 days.

However, despite the 12 day text, when I click on the x to close the dialog, the program quits. How do I enter the license key somewhere?

Hello,

At the bottom of the dialog, there should be additional buttons, including Continue and Enter Key. Could you send in a screenshot of the Evaluation dialog?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      Hello,

At the bottom of the dialog, there should be additional buttons, including Continue and Enter Key. Could you send in a screenshot of the Evaluation dialog?
      This is what I see:

Click image for larger version

Name:	dialog.png
Views:	1
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	76311

There is just a pixel or so of what must be the tops of the buttons.

Comment

I tested this on my own 10.9 machine, and this dialog seems to be drawing properly. What kind of hardware are you running on, and which version of OSX?

If you can, you can also hit Enter, and use the Arrow keys to navigate to the different buttons, to attempt to hit Continue or Enter Key.

If you hit Continue, in the Beyond Compare menu -> Enter Key you can register the application.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
          I tested this on my own 10.9 machine, and this dialog seems to be drawing properly. What kind of hardware are you running on, and which version of OSX?

If you can, you can also hit Enter, and use the Arrow keys to navigate to the different buttons, to attempt to hit Continue or Enter Key.

If you hit Continue, in the Beyond Compare menu -> Enter Key you can register the application.
          I was on Ubuntu (hence this is the linux forum). Strangely, I tried it again today, and the buttons magically appeared. I've restarted since it was broken, so maybe that fixed things. So I'm Ok now.

Comment

Working...
          X