X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HazelrahBL
    Visitor
    • May 2010

Touch files after synchronizing them

I just upgraded to build 17905 from a previous version 4.0 beta build and I notice that this bug is still there. I also don't see this previously reported on the Forum.

While synchronizing or updating files, BC3 would also touch them to synchronize their time stamps. It appears that BC4 does not do this which causes the files that you just synchronized to be red in the folder view.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

This usually depends on the destination device. BC3/4 does try to preserve the last modified timestamp, but if during the transfer the destination does not support this it can get the time of the transfer. After the transfer, are you able to use the Touch command to set the timestamps manually on the device?

For files that cannot be touched, we do have an option to go back and set the Source side as the new timestamp, in the Session Settings, Handling option. This would give both sides the newer (time of transfer) timestamp, that would also be equal.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• HazelrahBL
      Visitor
      • May 2010

So it turns out that the destination is a file system mounted over sshfs. After synchronizing I can use the Touch feature to "copy timestamps from the other side".

Also, I'm experiencing quite a few crashes when synchronizing over sshfs. It's quite strange. I may have to go back to BC3 for now.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

If we could get more information on the mounting process, we can setup a similar environment in office. We would definitely want to get BC4 to be as stable as BC3 when handling things.

Did you use FUSE for the mount?
        http://fuse.sourceforge.net/sshfs.html

What type of destination was mounted? If it's accessible as an SFTP, how does this behave?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• HazelrahBL
          Visitor
          • May 2010

Sorry, I forgot to subscribe to the thread.

I am using Ubuntu 12.04, and I have used the Ubuntu Software Center to install sshfs. The information page for this package does indeed say "sshfs is FUSE (Filesystem in USErspace). It lists the sshfs utility as version 2.3-1ubuntu0.1.

While I have never attempted to sftp into my server before, I did try it just now and it seems to work fine. I uploaded a file and of course the timestamp on the remote server is that of the time I uploaded it. I'm not sure if this is what you meant by "how does it behave?"

There is one oddity about this that might cause the issue. My UID and GID on my local system are not the same as that on the server I'm attempting to upload to. When I mount the server over ssh with sshfs and perform an 'ls -l', the files are actually not listed as mine.

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Hello,

I set up an internal test environment using an Ubuntu 12.04 vm, sshfs, and connected to a server/mount using BC4 17905. In this case, the server I was connecting to did support setting timestamps, so this is not likely an sshfs specific issue. I was also using a different username locally than the user on the server.

Is it possible there has been a server change since you upgraded from BC3 to BC4's beta? If you downgrade/retest BC3, does it now show the same timestamp issues as BC4's beta?
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...