• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sjcuth
    New User
    • Aug 2021

Error message of "Out of system resources" when comparing .tif files

HI Forum,

I hope someone can shine a light on this. I'm currently trying to compare image files and I'm getting the error message on each file "Out of system resources" now I"m doing this on a windows 10 system with 128GB of ram and an intel Xeon R gold 5118 CPU.

The files are about 8mb each and are bitmap tifs at 39 x 27.5 inches. I tried increasing the buffer size to 16gb to see if that helped but BC4 show as using more the 11mb of memory and the system has over 100GB of disc space.

Any ideas?

Simon
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Thanks for the report. Do you know what the Pixels per inch value is?

BC4's Picture Compare does load the entire TIFF as a single large file (dedicated picture applications will sometimes load as tiles to help), so we may be hitting API limitations depending on the total size of the file, even if you have free system resources.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• sjcuth
      New User
      • Aug 2021

Hi Aaron,

The tif's are 1200 pixels per inch.

Simon

Comment

• Chris
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Sorry, the images are too large for Beyond Compare's Picture Compare to handle. There isn't a program setting or OS configuration change that will allow images that large to be compared.

Support for very large images in the Picture Compare is on the feature request list but it doesn't have a scheduled release date.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• chrisjj
          Carpal Tunnel
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Chris
          Sorry, the images are too large for Beyond Compare's Picture Compare to handle.
          It would be nice for the program to say so. E.g. in a more information error message. Could you log this suggestion? Thanks.

Comment

Working...