Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Html Stylesheet for text compare

Hi Team,
    I new to the Beyond compare script. I write the script for text-report tag with html-color options and executed the script its working fine. I tried text-report with html-custom script its not working . can you please help on this.

Working Script:

text-report layout:side-by-side options:display-all output-to:"%3" output-options:html-color "%1" "%2"

When I executed the above script, The Html page is created and when open the html page i see the file difference in table format.

Html-custom Script is not working

text-report layout:side-by-side options:display-all output-to:"%3" output-options:html-custom="C:/Script/stylesheet.css

When I executed the above script, The Html page is created and when open the html page didn't see the file difference. I got the below output

output:
    Text compare
    Produced mm/dd//yyyy hh:mm:ss am

Mode All

When i executed the custom css the report is not generated. can you please help on this issue. I ran the script via java code. below is the java code

Process process = new Process("C:/Program Files/Beyond Compare/BCompare", "@C:/Script/BCScript.txt","C:/Script/file1.txt","C:/Script/file2.txt","C:/Script/report.html").start

I download the custom css in below link
    Beyond Compare Technical Support (scootersoftware.com)

Hello,

For troubleshooting, I recommend moving to the command line instead of java, just to remove that layer and helps make sure that any graphical call and command line (to script call) use the same user account, etc.

The second script seems to be missing a few things. Is the line break actually present? It should all be on one line (we have line break joining syntax, but let's just do one line at first).

It is also missing the parameters "%1" "%2".

Those css samples should be good. If you want to generate them yourself, you can also use the graphical interface and generate two HTML reports, one using the built in Color option and one using the custom.css but don't define anything. Then diff between the two to see how the default Color one has the css integrated.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X