X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alanwu
    Visitor
    • May 2021

how to ignore the differences of lines in table compare

Hi everyone,i am assigned to support the comparison work .i use the beyond compare version of 4.3.4. i am not a BC new user,but i meet with some new cases.because our compare issues are verified,and some of them are csv format table and maybe need to be compared with the rules that ignoring some lines and tread their differences as match in a table.just like how to set the important and unimportant columns.do anyone know will the BC support this?any ideas will be appreciated.Thanks a lot.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Columns can be marked as Key, Standard, or Unimportant, but Rows do not have a flag to fully ignore them. Instead, rows are unimportant if their data is unimportant based on the column definitions (either the column is entire Unimportant, or the Session Settings, Columns tab, definition for that column allows that specific data to be unimportant). If the row contains any differences or only-unimportant differences, then it will get that status, which can be filtered based on the display filters or Ignore unimportant differences toggle.

If you need to remove specific rows, you may need to use the Text Compare for the files (which won't sort on a Key, but does allow arbitrary unimportance and ignoring entire lines).
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Alanwu
      Visitor
      • May 2021

Thanks Aaron,
      Your suggestion are quite helpful for me. it will be better if those lows also have their flag to define and ignore them.this will make BC more excellent. using the filter or ignoring those rows refer to their columns will also work too. but it seems that i meet with another problem.i always use the filter and a filter may need to be used for several tasks or the same task but several times.so i try to export the settings as a.bcpkg file after i configed the filter rules. and next time i compare another couple of files using the same rules with the.bcpkg file by importing it.but the filter rule not work.the filter rules seem only work on it's session and should be manually configed,but can't imported from the .bcpkg file.
      I also working on using the BC's scripts comparison to support those comparison task.so if the filter rules can be imported from the.bcpkg file will more easier my work.any ideas will be appreciated.Thanks Aaron&Team Scooter.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

If importing sessions, you can update the Default Session Settings (either using the Folder view's Session menu -> Session Settings, Name Filters tab, but also updating the bottom dropdown from "Use only for this view" to "Also update session defaults", or editing on the Home screen, in the saved Sessions list, expand New, select Folder Compare, and Edit Defaults). When imported, you can import the defaults, which would be used in script.

Associating a bcpkg during a call is also something on our wishlist.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Alanwu
          Visitor
          • May 2021

Aaron , thanks for your pragmatic answer.

Comment

Working...