X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Qboy61
    Journeyman
    • Sep 2010

BeyondCompare/Windows prob with missing "Compare to..."

Don't know if anyone has noticed this also. In Beyond Compare 64-bit Version 4.3.7 (build 25118) I used to be able to have a comparison window up then select a folder/file on one side, right-click and select "Explorer" at the bottom, and then select "Select Left Folder/File for Compare". This still works... But, I then select a second different folder (maybe on the same side or opposite), right-click and select "Explorer", and then look for "Compare to..." and "Compare to..." is not there. In previous versions this would work normally to open a new comparison tab. I can't seem to determine why this won't show up. If I move to a folder on a background Windows Explorer window, and then select "Select Left Folder/File for Compare" I can then go to the beyond compare window and select a folder, right-click and select "Explorer", and then look for "Compare to..." and it opens those two folders (as it normally does) in a compare-folders tab. Maybe I'm getting confused. Maybe the fail is that it is not selecting the "Select Left Folder/File for Compare" in the first place.
    Attached Files
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Testing on my own system, the Explorer method you are using does work within BC4, although it is a bit unnecessary since the internal list lets you "Set as Base Folder" or "Set as Base Folder other side" or ctrl+click any two items and "Open in New View".

If you just updated and haven't rebooted recently, the shell extension can be updated but not applied until a system restart. I'd suggest restarting to verify.

Also, if you test in Explorer, what behavior do you see outside of BC4? If you test with two folders on your Desktop\ (fully local and user controlled) does this change the behavior?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...