No announcement yet.

Security/Permission issues when with files when copied to external hard drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security/Permission issues when with files when copied to external hard drive

I use BC to copy files from one hard drive to another as back up. I also use the second hard drive if i need to go elsewhere. I went to open up the files this week and they were all coming up as "You do not have access to this file" alerts. This is when using my laptop, not the computer on which the files where originally created.

I did manage to change the permission in the security settings on some of them through the properties and permissions windows but there are 100s of files and it would only let me do it individually. I ended up coming back home and recopying the files via explorer from the original source and no issue there.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a setting I've mistakenly turned on somewhere that I am ignorant to?

Hello,

I would expect the behavior to match with either Explorer or BC4. If you have a smaller test folder (to help iterate more quickly), and try to copy it with BC4 to x:\dest1folder\ and copy it with Explorer to x:\dest2folder\, are there any permissions issues with either location on the origin computer or the laptop?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X