Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bug report: Tooltip in sessions list doesn't take into account actual space available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug report: Tooltip in sessions list doesn't take into account actual space available

Using BC 4.3.5 I've noticed that if the name of a session reaches a certain length, a tooltip will always be displayed for it when you hover the mouse cursor over it in the Session panel on the main screen. Even if the session panel has been resized in such a way that there's plenty of space for the whole session name to be displayed without any clipping.

In other words, the tooltip is assuming that the content is clipped/obscured when it's a certain length, even if it's not.

Worse, the tooltip itself doesn't actually show the full name of the session. The content in the tooltip itself is clipped. Ironic, yes.

So what happens is that you move the mouse over a session name that is visible in its entirety, only for a tooltip to appear directly on top of the session name (thereby obscuring it), and the tooltip itself doesn't show the full name.

As a result, I've had to make sure that my session names are short enough that they're below the threshold where a tooltip is automatically triggered, so that my content doesn't get obscured when mousing over the various sessions.

Hopefully this can be fixed.

Thanks for the report. I've reproduced this behavior and opened a tracker entry to investigate.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X