How to refresh just 1 folder in a large session?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wekslein
    New User
    • Jun 2020

How to refresh just 1 folder in a large session?

I have a session that compares two 300 GB disks. One of them is on a LAN. The full compare takes several minutes to complete. As I am working to resolve differences, I may make changes to individual folders on one of the disks or the other. Is there a way that I can get BC to refresh or update the compare for just that one folder without having to redo the entire compare?

I tried Fast Refresh (F5), but it takes about as long as a Full Refresh (Ctrl+F5).

I also tried right-clicking the =? Compare contents. That didn't seem to do anything.

ThanksI have a session that compares two 300 GB disks. One of them is on a LAN. The full compare takes several minutes to complete. As I am working to resolve differences, I may make changes to individual folders on one of the disks or the other. Is there a way that I can get BC to refresh or update the compare for just that one folder without having to redo the entire compare?

I tried Fast Refresh (F5), but it takes about as long as a Full Refresh (Ctrl+F5).

I also tried right-clicking the =? Compare contents. That didn't seem to do anything.

Thanks
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

You can right-click and Refresh Selection on a selection of items (folders or files). The =? Compare Contents command is also in the right-click menu, and acts on the current selection. It will run the a content comparison scan, and populate the center column (shown between files, not folders; but can run on a folder to update the files within). It should show a dialog allowing the selection of which content scan to pick, unless this dialog has been suppressed. You can re-enable it in the Tools menu -> Options dialog, File Operations tab, Confirm content compare.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• wekslein
      New User
      • Jun 2020

Originally posted by Aaron
      Hello,

You can right-click and Refresh Selection on a selection of items (folders or files). The =? Compare Contents command is also in the right-click menu, and acts on the current selection. It will run the a content comparison scan, and populate the center column (shown between files, not folders; but can run on a folder to update the files within). It should show a dialog allowing the selection of which content scan to pick, unless this dialog has been suppressed. You can re-enable it in the Tools menu -> Options dialog, File Operations tab, Confirm content compare.
      Than you very much for the help.

Comment

Working...