CSV Text Qualifier not used for saving file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSV Text Qualifier not used for saving file

Hi, I am comparing two CSV files, which have both same format (comma for separator, quote for text qualifier).

Code:
    "rsis01gp01","RSIS01GP01","GPON"
    "nsbt01gp01","NSBT01GP01","GPON"
    Both files are properly recognized by CSV File Format configuration, so everything is rendered as expected.
    As they are not strictly equals, I want to merge them in a way, so I am using "Copy" button on some lines.
    Everything seems OK at the UI, but when I save the merged CSV file, it is saved with mixed text qualifiers, as in the example below:

Code:
    ba213-gp-02,BA213-GP-02,MERGED_LINE,
    "rsis01gp01","RSIS01GP01","GPON"
    "nsbt01gp01","NSBT01GP01","GPON"
    This is obviously not consistent inside the same file, which is very disappointing, but also not consistent with the related configuration, or original formats.
    I cannot find any way to configure the CSV save format.. so I guess it is a bug.

Does someone can help me on this ?

Hello,

The current Table Compare formatting, on save of edited cells, strips quotes unless they are needed to preserve a delimiter. This behavior is similar to Excel, but Excel performs this step on the whole file instead of just the edited cells. Enhancing this to preserve the quote structure is something on our wishlist.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X