How to search in both files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to search in both files

I started a file compare. First file is on the left side, second file is on the right side.
    When I search with F3 the search is only done in the current file.
    As a workaround I have to switch with F6 to the other file, but is not very quick and comfortable.
    How can I search in both files at once. So I press F3 and the postion jumps to the next found text anyway if left or right file.

For older Beyond Compre versions this was easy, just check left side and right side.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BC_Search.png
Views:	70
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	83550
    Attached Files

Hello,

For the BC4 Find Panel, it shows a single line of controls. On the far right side there is a down arrow to expand for more controls, which includes a Side selection.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Hello

thanks for your answer.
      Why is this usefull function hidden?
      When I expand for more controls, do some Side selections and collapse the controls. The settings are lost.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	BC_Search2.png
Views:	25
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	83575
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, what behavior are you seeing?

Expanding or collapsing the additional options of the Find Panel shouldn't alter any of the other sticky settings, and doesn't on my test machine.

The Find Panel was divided into two parts to make it a single line, with an expandable second line for any additional options we might need to add. The expansion is sticky, so if you expand it once, then it will stay open for any future Find commands, which would be the default state you are looking for.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Sorry for the confusion.

I click to expand. (Two lines visible)
            I select both sides.
            I search and it works on both sides.
            I clik to collapse, whithout changing the setting (One line visible)
            I search again, but now BC only searches one one side.
            Should BC not search on both sides as noboddy changes the setting?

Comment

Hello,

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I see the same behavior while testing. We'll look into this. In the meantime, if you leave the Additional Commands expanded, it will use the dropdown control and search both sides if selected.
              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
              X