Comparing comments only in gcode files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing comments only in gcode files

I want to compare gcode files but only the comments. The slicer includes comments that document the settings used when the gcode file was generated. Those comments begin with a semicolon. I only want to compare those lines between two gcode files. Currently I'm using textedit to extract the comments to temporary files then compare those temporary files. Is there any way to get Beyond Compare to compare the two original gcode files but ignore any lines that do not begin with a semicolon?

Hello,

Yes, you can define a new File Format ("+" -> Text Format), and define either:
    A grammar element to match on ImportantComments, then we'll mark everything else as Unimportant.
    or
    A grammar element for everything else that does Not Start with the semi-colon, named something like "Not Comment", and make it Unimportant.

We have a guide and video here:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo..._unimportantv3
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks!

I ended up writing my own program to do this on the Mac. Just takes the names of two gcode files and spits out the setting differences. Very basic but it does what I need it to do.

Comment

Hello,

Looks good. If you decide to configure BC4 later, one advantage is that, once defined, this can apply to Rules-based scanning on the Folder Compare level, letting you know if there are any Differences in a large directory comparison. Since the criteria is configurable, this can then return only the results you consider Important.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X