Am I misunderstanding table compare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I misunderstanding table compare?

I have 2 CSV files that I want to compare (300k rows, 50ish columns). I import both of them in table compare. Base has 50 columns, target has 52. I remove the extra 2 in target and line up the remaining columns ("move up" to fill the gap). I pick the first 5 rows (they have a light red background) and scroll through all the columns - no values are red, however the rows are still marked as different. Am I missing something?

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by suolin; 07-May-2020, 05:17 PM. Reason: Added clarity

Hello,

If you enable the View menu -> Whitespace, does this help show any red whitespace characters?

Could you email in a full screen screenshot of the current comparison? You can email at support@scootersoftware.com with a link back to this forum thread. Please also include a pair of sample files and your BCSupport.zip from the Help menu -> Support; Export. We should then be able to recreate the comparison with your steps and files.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      Hello,

If you enable the View menu -> Whitespace, does this help show any red whitespace characters?
      Tremendously helpful, thank you. It was one empty column out of the 50 that had " " in one file and null in the other.

Comment

Working...
      X