Alternate color from "Same on both sides" when merging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate color from "Same on both sides" when merging

I frequently find myself in situation where some lines of a code merge end up the same on both sides.

Here's an example of what I might see:
    Left Base Right
    A
    B
    C
    D

F
    G
    H
    I

K
    L
    A
    B

D

F

H

K
    L
    A
    B

D
    E
    F
    G
    H

J
    K
    L

In this case, the merged output would end up looking like this:
    Merged
    A
    B
    C
    D

E
    F
    G
    H
    I

J
    K
    L
    Notice the G was changed on BOTH sides in the same way. However, the merged output still colors this Blue, as if it came from the Left side.

Is there currently, or can I have, a way to tweak the coloration of lines in the merged view so I can tell when a line was the same on both sides? This would help me quite a bit, as I end up with many files that have some (nut not all) changes pulled in outside of source control that match exactly. When this happens, I don't need to pay attention to those lines. It would be very nice to have a "This is perfect, you can ignore this" color available.

In this case, I would probably set the color to purple (G), as in G + G = G.

Hello,

We currently have somewhat the opposite. You can use the View menu to Ignore Same Changes. This would then color those lines similarly as Equal (instead of a sided coloring).

How does this work for you?

(Additionally, this is how Favor Right and Favor Left similarly work, allowing you to hide the coloring for those sided changes).
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I did not know "Ignore Same Changes" was an option, and it works great.

I would still prefer to have the option to mark Same Changes with their own color, just so it doesn't look like literally nothing changed, but I can certainly work with this.

Comment

Hello,

Good to hear, and I'll add your feedback and example case to our Customer Wishlist.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X