Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to refresh just 1 folder in a large session?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to refresh just 1 folder in a large session?

I have a session that compares two 300 GB disks. One of them is on a LAN. The full compare takes several minutes to complete. As I am working to resolve differences, I may make changes to individual folders on one of the disks or the other. Is there a way that I can get BC to refresh or update the compare for just that one folder without having to redo the entire compare?

I tried Fast Refresh (F5), but it takes about as long as a Full Refresh (Ctrl+F5).

I also tried right-clicking the =? Compare contents. That didn't seem to do anything.

Thanks
    Last edited by InquiringMinds; 21-Mar-2020, 10:09 AM. Reason: Add what I have tried

After a bit more fiddling around, I discovered the Compare To option. If I select a folder & press F7, I get a cursor with a "?". If I then click the folder in the other panel, I get a new tab that compares just those folders. And when I close that tab, the main tab has also been updated. Perfect.

Well, almost perfect. I then tried selecting both folders and then pressing F7. Nada. It seems to me that F7 should do the Compare To operation if multiple folders are already selected. I can select both sides by clicking in the center column, which would make it a simple operation to click and press F7.
    Last edited by InquiringMinds; 21-Mar-2020, 10:30 AM. Reason: Add more complete information

Comment

The Actions menu and right click context menu have a “Refresh Selection” command.
      ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
      X