B.C. 4.3.4: PdfToText.exe does not work with XP/2003!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RodolfoGiovanninetti
    Veteran
    • Oct 2007

B.C. 4.3.4: PdfToText.exe does not work with XP/2003!

I installed B.C. 4.3.4 on my laptop, that has Windows Server 2003 32 English.
    I found that I can no longer compare pdf files, since the program PdfToText.exe 4.0.2 is not seen as a valid application.
    I was lucky because I had kept the setup file for 4.3.3, that has PdfToText.exe 4.0.1, that is ok for me.
    I know that 2003/XP are no longer supported, but please is it possible to have PdfToText.exe 4.0.2 that works with 2003/xp?
    Otherwise, please change documentation and system requirements.

Regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

• Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for the report. We did update the library but did not intend to break XP-based support. We'll investigate what we can do to either fix this or downgrade for a future release.

In the meantime, you could install both versions as Portable Installs, and swap in the older pdf2text.exe as needed into your main install.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Looking into this more, we may need to keep the newer PDF2Text because it helps fix unicode file names. If we do need to keep it, we can also have an additional File Format download available for users to easily install the older version if they need to run on WinXP.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• RodolfoGiovanninetti
        Veteran
        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Aaron
        Thanks for the report. We did update the library but did not intend to break XP-based support. We'll investigate what we can do to either fix this or downgrade for a future release.

In the meantime, you could install both versions as Portable Installs, and swap in the older pdf2text.exe as needed into your main install.
        Yes, when I said that I used 4.3.3 this is what I did.

Regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comment

• RodolfoGiovanninetti
          Veteran
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Aaron
          Looking into this more, we may need to keep the newer PDF2Text because it helps fix unicode file names. If we do need to keep it, we can also have an additional File Format download available for users to easily install the older version if they need to run on WinXP.
          This might be a good idea!

Regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comment

Working...