Mirror without having to select left (or right) panel first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror without having to select left (or right) panel first

From Windows Explorer (right window panel) I select two folders, r-click Beyond Compare.
    Now I wish to mirror all from left to right. Right now there is no such thing as 'Mirror All'. One needs to select the left panel, then scroll down to the bottom, ctrl-a and hit shift-ctrl-R.
    I understand that user can selectively mirror files or folders then. This is okay, of course.
    What about a (new option) mirror all.
    When after the 2nd step (r-click Beyond Compare) I would use that (new) hotkey, BC would then select all on the left panel and mirror to right.
    Just an idea ...

Hello,

I'd recommend adding Sync to the context menu. This is done from the Tools menu -> Options dialog, Startup tab. Explorer Integration: Include, Sync on Main Menu.

If you prefer the Folder Compare, a quicker step would be to right-click, Compare (launch into BC4's Folder Compare), where the first line is selected automatically. You can right-click, Synchronize, Mirror, and in the Mirror dialog disable the option Just Selection. This will synchronize everything, regardless of the selection. The option is also sticky, so it will remember the new state for next time.

You can also assign keyboard shortcuts to Mirror (to skip the right-click) in the Tools menu -> Options dialog, Toolbars/etc tab, Select View: Folder Compare. Or add Mirror to the toolbar if you prefer the mouse.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thank you. I've added Sync to the context menu now.
      Will experiment what I like best. Thanks again.

BTW.. I tried this a few times..:
      select two folders, then Sync from the context menu: the first folder ends up right, where left is bit more logical.
      However, when select compare from the context menu, indeed the first folders ends up left as more or less expect.
      As said, I tried a few times (4 or 5), each time the same result. Very minor thing though.
      (v4.3.2 build 24472, it is an older version, I know, but all the updates involve MacOs patches, so I did not update to the latest version)

Click image for larger version

Name:	SnagIt-16032020 155831.png
Views:	38
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	82915

Comment

Hello,

When selecting two items at once, whichever you right click should then be what loads on the Left (for Compare or Sync). If you select just one item and set it As Left, then select the other and "Compare to Left" or "Sync to Left", then it should load the first item on the Left and the other on the Right. Your screenshots appear to be from Windows; you can still update that 4.3.2 install to 4.3.4 at your earliest convenience.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

[QUOTE=Aaron;n82919]Hello,

When selecting two items at once, whichever you right click should then be what loads on the Left (for Compare or Sync). QUOTE]

Ah..! Okay, many thanks. Obviously I wasn't aware of this.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
            Hello,

When selecting two items at once, whichever you right click should then be what loads on the Left (for Compare or Sync)
            Ah ...!
            Okay, many thanks indeed. Obviously I wasn't aware of this.

Comment

Working...
            X