Script giving different results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script giving different results

I have a powershell script that first runs a Beyond Compare script to copy FTP files to a dated folder and then runs a second beyond compare script that compares that folder to previously pulled folder. I have several regex grammar rules to ignore minor differences.

The compare script

Code:
    criteria rules-based
    filter "*.ls;-*logbook.ls;-*updtlog.ls;-*hist.ls;-*erract.ls;-*errall.ls;-*-*-.ls;-*errapp.ls;-*errcomm.ls;-*errcurr.ls;-*errext.ls;-*errmot.ls;-*errpwd.ls;-*errsys.ls"
    load "%1" "%2"
    select all.diff
    text-report layout:side-by-side &
    options:ignore-unimportant,display-context &
    output-to:"E:\Robots\Reports\%3\%4-Report.html" output-options:html-color
    The weird thing is, when it automatically generates this report and sends the e-mail. It is sometimes including minor differences. I do not want minor differences sent out. If I open these folders in beyond compare, or even manually run this script from command line, it does NOT include minor results.

Not sure what is going on here. The below two pictures are the exact same script and folders files have not changed between reports. The first was called by powershell right after pulling the files from robot via FTP. The 2nd I ran manually right after to see what was going on and it excluded minor differences like it should have. Anyone got any idea?

Auto generated report:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-Auto.png
Views:	85
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	82483

Manually generated report, exact same folders:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_Manual.png
Views:	32
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	82484

I make know issue from digging around in other posts. When it runs automatically, it's run by windows task scheduler as SYSTEM user. Something to do with default settings being user specific maybe?

Comment

Windows Task Scheduler can set which user account to execute the script as, but if you are having any trouble I would suggest creating a Portable Install in a global location (such as C:\Tools\Beyond Compare 4" using the setup.exe.

A Portable Install shares settings within its own install folder, so no matter who runs it or how, it would show the same settings as any automated or graphical user.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
      X