X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnnyfp
    New User
    • Jan 2020

Filters with Files containing Text not matching comments

I've set up a Folder filter that compares files only if they contain a string pattern in a comment section IE
    Code:
    /* MyCompany 2016 */
    But BC4 does not match these files if the string is in a comment section. I've tried removing the Comment rule from the File Formats rules but it has no effect. Is the Folder filter not configuratable from the File Format menu?

Is there another menu or option I need to activate to allow the Folder filter to check within comments?

Thanks
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

The File Format's grammar should not impact the Folder Compare's Session Settings, Other Filters, Exclude Containing or Exclude Not Containing filter. I would suggest double checking if Regular Expression is enabled or if you are Excluding containing or not containing.

Could we get a copy of your current BCSupport.zip and a sample folder (.zip) containing a sample file? You can load the .zip on your own machine as a folder to verify it reproduces the problem, then email both to [email protected] with a link back to this forum thread for our reference and we can reproduce the issue and figure out what setting combination is causing the problem.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...