Views:	194
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	82260

Repeats fails likewise.

What's up?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

If you close BC4 and re-open it to this folder compare, does it still show the differences?

If you verify against Explorer for a couple of file pairings, is the metadata displayed in BC4 matching Explorer? (Troubleshooting if the BC4 display is incorrect vs. the Transfer failed)

If you attempt the same copy using Windows Explorer instead of BC4, does it present any error messages, warnings, etc? After its copy, if you check the metadata in BC4 and Explorer, is it still failing/different?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• KenPhotog
      Visitor
      • Dec 2019

I am new, by sync fail is why I am commenting. I keep getting this error when I attempt to sync folders. Closed, rebooted, opened the network file location, done all I can think of, but still getting this error.
      12/25/2019 12:28:13 PM Unable to copy "FILE.jpg": An unexpected network error occurred

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

What performance do you see if you perform the transfer with Windows Explorer?

And if you then open the folders in BC4, comparing the origin with the copy Windows Explorer made, did it transfer everything?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• KenPhotog
          Visitor
          • Dec 2019

Originally posted by Aaron
          Hello,

And if you then open the folders in BC4, comparing the origin with the copy Windows Explorer made, did it transfer everything?
          Same issue in the OS, of which lead me to the error code being 0X8007003b. Once I figured out that, I realized this wasn't your software. So I followed a YouTube Video to correct that, of which ended up corrupting my OS to the point of complete failure, causing a reload of the OS. Fortunately, it allowed me to keep my file system, just the whole OS, was screwed up after a few of the commands at the DOS and PowerShell prompts, that windows Blue Screen of Death appeared.... A First ever for me on Windows 10, I wasn't quite sure if it existed until yesterday.. Long story short, I am currently rebuilding my OS, but first installed Beyond Compare, and the OS and my NAS played nicely, so something in the OS, changed, and still no clue what messed up in the process.

Comment

• KenPhotog
            Visitor
            • Dec 2019

Hello,

But I wanted to say. I LOVE YOUR SOFTWARE! Also I told a lot of people about it. Even though I listed as a Photog - Photographer, I am an IT Geek, by trade..

Comment

• chrisjj
              Carpal Tunnel
              • Apr 2008

Note: the left folder is a drive created by Macrium Reflect 6.0.

If you close BC4 and re-open it to this folder compare, does it still show the differences?
              Yes.

I didn't get to do further trouble-shooting before the opportunity passed.

My best theory is the affected right-side files were read-only and BC mirror failed to report copy errors even though it has in other cases. I'll try your further steps next time. Thanks Aaron.

Comment

Working...