Mark BComp.exe with current version.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark BComp.exe with current version.

There are some tools that scan a computer and check if there is a new version for an installed software.
    For BComp.exe they say that it is outdated, because it is marked as "4.2.8".
    I understand that maybe it has not been changed, but it might be a good idea to mark it as the current version.
    In this way there are not false "alarms".

Thank You very much and regards
    Rodolfo Giovanninetti

What software are you using to scan, and why is it marking BComp.exe as needing to update?

While BCompare.exe is changed and updated, the BComp.exe wasn't, which is why the version number wasn't updated. We could look into updating the property, but would that end up flagging it as changed and needing updates when it hasn't changed?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I used "SUMo" "www.kcsoftwares.com".
      There is a portable version if You want to test it without installing it.
      Maybe it sees "BComp.exe" as Beyond Compare itself, and since there is version "4.3.3" that is found in "BCompare.exe" it says it is outdated.

Thank You and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comment

Thanks. I'm not sure if it is good practice to update the version number if no changes were made to BComp.exe itself, but I'll pass this information on to our developers to investigate. It may be worth contacting kcsoftwares and opening a support request/inquiry for their expected behavior, too.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X