Constantly Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constantly Crashing

Do you have this problem? I set up a simple folder comparison between a local drive and a remote server via ftp, and start it. Within a few seconds or a few minutes, the application crashes. I click the restart button, and run it again, and it crashes again, and again, and again. I have been nagging support to fix this for literally years, and even offered to purchase the code so I could fix it. So far, no results. They keep releasing new versions with the same old problems. It's really ironic: BC is one of my most useful tools, and also the only one that ever crashes. Still looking for a replacement. Any suggestions?

Hello,

Searching on your username, I think I've found the crash report you are referencing. While very reproducible for the users that have hit it, it is not easily repeatable without a specific structure, over FTP with multiple connections, and there may be a timing factor or a with a specific FTP server. We've been collecting all of the reports and crashes to help investigate.

The workaround for now is to reduce your FTP profile settings to 1 connection and restart BC4; this should allow it to work without any crashing.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X