Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ignore white spaces & starting & trailing spaces in a script for a twoway compare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignore white spaces & starting & trailing spaces in a script for a twoway compare

Hi,
    Would you please let me know the entry/command that I should have to ignore "white space" chars and starting and trailing space char while doing two way compare and merge. I am using the latest version of BC on Windows 10. Let me give an example, file1 has empty line (say line10) whereas file2 has few white space chars (the same line 10)
    They are same if we trim the lines. I want the BC should ignore the line. How can we do this? I greatly appreciate your help.
    Last edited by JKB; 05-Nov-2019, 04:50 PM.

Hello,

This is controlled in the Text Compare's Session Settings, Importance tab. As long as the whitespace isn't included in another, swallowing grammar element, then you can uncheck the items here to make Leading, Embedded, or Trailing whitespace Unimportant.

If another grammar definition includes the whitespace, you will need to update that element to not include it.

For general Grammar definitions and Importance/Unimportance, we have a KB article here:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo..._unimportantv3
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X