X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dschreck
    New User
    • Oct 2019

Error when opening files for compare

I'm comparing two SFTP folders from different servers.

The folder compare appears to run just fine but when i double click on a file to look at exact differences I get the following error:
    "SFTP component not connected"

I've never seen this before. And I've connected to these servers many-many times in the past without issue.

Is there a way to get some debug logs on this connection?
    Note, I can still connect without issue using a different SFTP client, namely winscp.

Note, this is happening with 4.3 on Windows.

Thanks for any help.
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Is your SFTP server provided by Liquid Web or is it running the SFTP server software ProFTPD 1.3.6?

We've had several customers that use Liquid Web hosting report the "SFTP component not connected" issue recently, our developers are investigating a solution.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• dschreck
      New User
      • Oct 2019

Indeed, it is hosted by Liquid Web. I actually asked them via chat if they had changed anything recently and they and they said 'no' but perhaps they did. I hope you guys are able to track down the cause/solution.

Comment

• Chris
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Our lead developer looked into this, the disconnect is due to a bug in ProFTPD 1.3.6 (http://www.proftpd.org/). If your hosting provider upgrades to ProFTPD 1.3.6a, it should fix the problem.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...