Mysterious C: drive folder appearing during disk-to-disk copy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mysterious C: drive folder appearing during disk-to-disk copy

I noticed a strange folder/file involved in my copy operation (see attachment below from Windows Resource Monitor):

Don't know if this is related but read/write speeds appear to have dropped to USB 2.0 levels (vs 175+ MB/sec with USB 3.0)
    All drives are connected and USB 3.0 capable.

Thanks,
    ---JCN

Attached Files

Hello,

Could we get more information on the mysterious C:\ folder? How does it "appear" during a copy? What does the BC4 interface look like before a Copy (which, assumes a specific selection of items that include the non-visible item?) and then after the copy where does the item appear (source or destination side)?

Is this performance issue reproducible when copying specific subset of files?
    If you reboot, is the issue reproducible for those specific subset of files?

If you then have a reproducible test case, what performance do you see if you try alternating a test case between BC4, Explorer, then BC4 and Explorer again?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by JCN9801 View Post
      I noticed a strange folder/file involved in my copy operation (see attachment below from Windows Resource Monitor):

Don't know if this is related but read/write speeds appear to have dropped to USB 2.0 levels (vs 175+ MB/sec with USB 3.0)
      All drives are connected and USB 3.0 capable.

Thanks,
      ---JCN
      I got this too, initially I thought that a virus, but maybe It's not

Comment

Hello,

Please try the above tests so we can get more information on the type of issue you are encountering.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X