Ignore File Extension Separators

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignore File Extension Separators

I have a bunch of files on the left and right that I am comparing. The right side has filename.ext, the right side has the same file as filename.ext. These files are identical. How do I make BC ignore the .. and . difference?

Hello,

The above file name appears to be equal, or are you referencing a trailing "." after the second "filename.ext."?

BC4 supports the Folder Compare's Session menu -> Session Settings, Comparison, Align filenames with different extensions catch this for your specific filenames? If not, BC4 Pro has an Alignment Override feature, which you can trial for free if you have Std, following this guide:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...?zz=kb_evalpro
    Under the Session Settings, Misc tab, new Alignment Override to define the change. With specific file names, I could help come up with a specific file mask to help cover a sample set.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Sorry. I should have said

Left Side - Filename..ext
      Right Side - Filename.ext

I want .. and . to not show up as a difference.

Comment

You could set up an alignment override rule in BC4 Pro's Folder Compare's Session menu -> Session Settings dialog, Misc tab, New Alignment Override:
        (.*)\.\.(.*)
        =
        $1.$2
        Enable Regular Expression

This would replace a single instance of ".." with "." for alignment purposes. It would not necessarily be a double period before the extension, unless we further modify the trailing (.*) to more explicitly match a pattern for extensions.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thats exactly what I was looking for!!! thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X