X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrscotte
    New User
    • May 2019

SAME NAME DIFFERENT SUFFIX COMPARE

I have a ".dds" file and a ".jpg" file in the same directory. How do I compare the the two formats so I can see what I am missing? I am new to Beyond Compare and think is has real potential if only I could figure out how to get the results I need. I know there are more .jpg files than .dds files. (around 6000) It would be far too time consuming to manually compare. Thanks.
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

You'll need to move the files into separate folders, one folder of .dds files and one folder of .jpg files. You can enter *.jpg in the Filters toolbar and hit Enter, then use the Actions > Move command to move the .jpg files to a separate folder.

Once you have .dds and .jpg in separate folders, load the two folders in the Folder Compare, with .dds on the left.
    Click the Rules toolbar button (referee icon).
    Go to the Misc tab.
    In Alignment Overrides, click +.
    Align left file: *.dds
    with right file: *.jpg

Note that alignment overrides is only available in the Pro edition of Beyond Compare. The Standard edition doesn't have the feature and doesn't have the Misc tab after you click the Rules toolbar button. The trial version of Beyond Compare defaults to running with Pro edition features.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...