Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using port 990 makes BC flakey

Hi guys

I love BC however I've noticed when operating over port 990 about 1 in 3 requests fails/hangs, often with the message "connection closed gracefully".

When this happens I click Refresh and everything is then fine.

There's nothing in the ftp logs on our server that relates to this so I think it may be BC related - does anyone else suffer with this / have any fixes?

Thanks in advance.

Nick

BC Version 4.2.9 (build 23626)
    Mac 10.12.6

Hello,

Are you using FTP, FTPS, or SFTP for this connection?

Port 990 is reserved for Implicit FTPS server support, which is the default standard to use for this connection type. Other ports used for an FTPS server use an explicit connection. Would your server be Implicit or Explicit configured? If Explicit, could you configure your server to connect/use a different port?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Hi thanks for your reply,

I am connecting like this: ftps://MY_USER@ftp.MY_DOMAIN.com:990/MY_PATH

This works, but when I click Copy (to ftp the file to the server) it often fails on the first attempt (saying "connection closed gracefully") - I then try again immediately afterwards and it is then fine.

Comment

Please send a log showing a connection to the server and failing transfer to support@scootersoftware.com, along with your settings, and we'll investigate.

Click the Save button on the left side of the log pane at the bottom of the Folder Compare window to save a log to a file.

To save your BC settings to a file, open Beyond Compare > Support, then click the Export button.

Also, please include a link to this forum thread in your email.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X