Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keyboard Shortcut to Switch Between Selected Panes (Text Edit)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboard Shortcut to Switch Between Selected Panes (Text Edit)

When in TEXT COMPARE with TWO panes open (in my case, the left pane has the SOURCE from which I am taking newer lines and merging or copying those lines to the RIGHT pane), how do I toggle to the OTHER pane, using the keyboard, and not the mouse pointer?

I cannot find a keyboard shortcut/sequence by which I can toggle the selected pane. If I am text editing with two files side by side, and I have copied lines from the left pane to the right pane (because the selected pane is the left pane, and the cursor is on the line on which I use the keyboard to CTRL-R the line to the right pane), I want to then use some keyboard shortcut or sequence to cause the editor to select the RIGHT pane (or toggle back and forth between the left and right panes), so I can then use CTRL-S to SAVE the right pane file now that I have made my edit using the Copy-Right keyboard control-key shortcut.

How do I toggle or move to the other pane!??

Thank you,

Tomas

Hello,

Alt+Left/Right arrows can swap panes when in Full Edit mode.

Copy to Left and Right are specific commands with a direction. If you go to the Tools menu -> Options dialog, Toolbars/etc tab, select view: Text Compare, and you can also assign a hotkey to Copy To Other Side.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Hi, Aaron. Thank you for the rapid response.

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      Alt+Left/Right arrows can swap panes when in Full Edit mode.
      Awesome! Armed with this information, I now can fly through the many files that I must compare and merge/update, without stopping to move the mouse. All keyboarding! Nice.

Cheers,

Tomas

Comment

Working...
      X