Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 folders with inputfile and outputfile (same filename) compare every same filename

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 folders with inputfile and outputfile (same filename) compare every same filename

I am a beginner with Beyond compare so need help with my task to bulk compare.
    I have 2 folders with inputfile and outputfile (same filename).
    I would like to compare every same filename and if possible write the differences in a file report.

If someone could help me would be of great help

• Kumar
    replied
    Thanks Aaron. That helped.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello,

BC4 can align files in the same folders with the same name, and then generate a report, such as:
    c:\temp1\subfolder\a.txt
    c:\temp2\subfolder\a.txt
    where the base folders are c:\temp1\ and c:\temp2\

If a.txt exists in multiple, many locations, then BC4 can compare them as long as they are aligned in the base folder structure. Other file names that align would also be compared. You can generate a report of the file names in the Session menu -> Folder Compare Report (optionally include File Links in the HTML Output of a side by side report).
    If you use the Display Filter to set to Show Differences, and Edit menu -> Expand All, and Edit menu -> Select All Files, this will leave you with a selection of all different files. The Actions menu -> File Compare Report can then generate a differences report of the file contents.

If you haven't had a chance yet, we have a Basics tutorial video here which can help step through loading a comparison:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/features.php?zz=v4videos

Leave a comment:

Working...
X