Allow copy of path from address bar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow copy of path from address bar

To make BC4 more friendly to file manipulations: allow me to copy the file path from the address bar. Currently, when I click there, the path disappears (!) and there is no simple way to get it.

EDIT: just discovered that the Action menu 'Copy filename' actually copies the path too... Still, the address bar shouldn't be cleared when I click on it.
    Last edited by Arbie; 09-Mar-2019, 11:46 AM.

Hello,

The Folder Compare's base folder path will display the current path. If clicked, this will display either the current path or what was typed by the user. For example, if the user typed "%temp%" into the base folder bar, it will display the full path to your user's temp directory (c:\Users\username\appdata\local\temp), but if clicked it will revert to the previous manual entry ("%temp%").

Yes, the Folder Compare's "copy filename" will copy the full path of the selected items.

Are you using the Folder Compare? How did you populate your location bar, and what is the loaded location, and what is the specific text that is displayed? If you then click in, is it then empty?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      The Folder Compare's base folder path will display the current path.
      Maybe I misunderstood your wording, but when I click the address bar, the current path vanishes and is replaced by the base folder of the session, not the "current" folder where I navigated to during the session.

I considered this "unexpected behavior" but was reluctant do report it. Nevertheless it's somewhat annoying.

Comment

Hello,

Ah, no, sorry, I misunderstood what you meant by disappearing. The method I was describing happens when the typed text differs from the displayed text and "disappears".

The path itself is always the Base Folder level, so clicking into it does remove any light grey selection text. Copy Filename is probably the best command to use here. Or, depending on your workflow, we might have other commands which can more directly use the Path text you are trying to capture, such as a defined Open With (which can pass the selected path to another application) or Set As Base Folder or Open In New View (if you are trying to update the base folder level).
        We have a few Open With examples here:
        http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...kb_openwithapp
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X