Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nube needing help with "Ignore Unimportant Differences" when comparing EXCEL files...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nube needing help with "Ignore Unimportant Differences" when comparing EXCEL files...

I pulled in two excel files that have generally the same data in a few columns but in different column orders with different heading names. I used rules/columns to match the 2 columns up that I wanted to compare (basically Item number and quantity) and set the rest to 'unimportant'. The results I get after setting it to 'Ignore Unimportant Differences' says the lines still do not match even though those two first columns I matched up are exactly the same. What am I doing wrong? See pic.

Also, why is it renaming the headings in the second file to match the first? Is there a way I can turn that off to show actually what the two files heading names are individually?

Thanks in advance! Brad

Capture.PNG

Hello,

In the Table Compare's Session menu -> Session Settings, Alignment tab, please try switching from Sorted alignment to Standard (try this first), Myers, or Patience.
    Does this help get your lines lining up like you expect?

Sorted alignment expects a Key column definition, and then aligns only if the key matches exactly. Without a key, the whole line must match to align.
    Unsorted would put row 1 to row 1, and on downwards.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X