Folder Compare Report problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folder Compare Report problem

I have issue with new version of the Beyond Compare 4.2.9.

I had previously version 2 and when I took "Folder Compare Report.." and then I select HTML report, "Use color stylesheet" and then "Copy to Clipboard."
    Next I opened Excel and paste report. Previously report looked fine (colours and little icon between left and right files) but with version 4 paste with source format always make black and white report without little icons. I use Excel 2016.

Ideas?

BC2 hard coded the colors into the cells instead of using a style sheet, while newer versions of BC4 define the colors in the (embedded) style sheet, which is the more modern method to handle this. It looks like a limitation of Excel to handle this, as pasting into MS Word appears to properly show the coloring.

If you Save the report first, this helps Excel handle the icons, but doesn't impact the coloring.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I'll also add this to our wishlist for directly saving a report to an Excel format.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Paste to Excel is in our case mandatory. I just bought 13 standart licenses and I have to consider upgrade timeschedule because this issue. I'm glad to hear that saving Excel format is added to wishlist. I have to ask that is clipboard paste excel easily fixable? Maybe working in next software update?

Comment

Hello,

It would be a large overhaul and not something we'll be able to add to the current Clipboard save. It's an entirely different report generation style, and BC2's older style is not a modern method of HTML structure. I would also suggest contacting Microsoft, as they are least partially support it (pasting into MS Word preserves coloring, as well as opening the HTML in a browser).
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
          X