In image comparisons, how to copy left to right

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In image comparisons, how to copy left to right

I am doing a lot of image comparisons, such as in the attached image.
    In almost all cases, having seen the differences, I need to copy the file on the left to the file on the right, overwriting it.
    Is there a way to do this inside BeyondCompare 4 please?

If you launch the Picture Compare from the Folder Compare by double clicking on a pair of files, use the Search > Copy File to Right and Open Next Difference command to copy the file left to right. If you're in a Picture Compare opened by itself rather than launched from the Folder Compare, then it isn't possible to copy left to right.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Thank you. What would be the command-line to do that, supplying the two filenames to compare? These comparisons are being opened by a testing framework, so I would need to update the command-line that I give it.

(This isn't comparing two different folders containing files with matching names, it's comparing two similarly-named named files in the same folder.)

Comment

(For what it's worth, I'm giving a conference talk next week on the particular testing framework, and planning to plug BeyonCompare's image-comparison tool, as it allowed me to understand some subtle differences in images, which I was unable to do with the previous tool I had used for many years...)

Comment

Sorry, it isn't possible to copy a file over another file in the same folder from the command-line using Beyond Compare. It's only possible to copy a file over another file if they're in different folders and have the same name.
          Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

OK, thanks.
            Is it possible then to copy parts of images from one side to the other, in the same way that parts of text files can be copied?
            If not, please could a feature request be logged to enable image editing or copying with arbitrary pairs of images?

Comment

Beyond Compare doesn't support copying part of an image between sides. Copying changes between images is on the wish list for a future version.
              Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
              X