Date Taken file property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date Taken file property

I am comparing 1000s of pictures in a folder structure. I noticed 1 of my 2 data sets "Modified Date" does not match the "Date Taken" date that can be seen in Windows Explorer. Is there any way to show the "Date Taken" property in BC4 comparison?

Hello,

No, the only Date shown in BC4 is the "Last Modified" metadata date (Explorer, right-click -> Properties, note the 3 dates: Created, Modified, Accessed). Last Modified is the default displayed in Explorer. The BC4 Touch command can modify this timestamp, but not the Date Taken metadata, while we do have an option to preserve Created Date on Copy (off by default, in order to match Explorer default behavior).
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

It would be "nice to have" a feature to show all of the metadata fields in your next version BC5. I'm not asking to edit or change but just to view and possibly sort by these additional file fields. Great product none the less. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks. The Date Taken column (visibility) and preservation (copy options) are items on our Customer Wishlist. This is where our developers go for ideas for future features and enhancements.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X