Unable to move folder. Access Denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to move folder. Access Denied

I am unable to move any file that is in C:\Downloads to C:\Temp. I just get access denied error.

If you attempt the exact same copy in Windows Explorer, do you see the same error? Or do you see a UAC prompt asking for permission? BC4 cannot elevate a UAC prompt mid-run, so you would have to launch BC4 with the right-click -> Run As Administrator option.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      If you attempt the exact same copy in Windows Explorer, do you see the same error? Or do you see a UAC prompt asking for permission? BC4 cannot elevate a UAC prompt mid-run, so you would have to launch BC4 with the right-click -> Run As Administrator option.
      I do not use UAC so it will not prompt. Why do other apps I use have a setting that will allow it to run as administrator all the time but this one can not? Especially when I use this on to sync folders and in Windows 10 it's almost useless because of the lack of this feature.

Comment

In Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder containing BCompare.exe, right click it, select Properties, then Compatibilty, and check the box 'Run this program as an administrator'. If your 'other applications have a setting', they may well be simply making exactly the same WIndows change, internally.

Comment

Hello,

tfrost's suggestion is correct. If a one-time right-click -> Run As Administrator works, and you need this level of permission every time, you can elevate BCompare to run at this heightened level every time with the compatibility option. In general, modern Windows is more locked down to prevent rogue or compromised programs from doing anything they want. Some programs are capable of detecting each case where elevation is needed and providing a UAC prompt, while others require the elevation as the program is first launched (like BC4).
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
          X