X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RodolfoGiovanninetti
    Veteran
    • Oct 2007

Really missing the "New posts" feature!

In the new forum system, I cannot find the "New posts" feature, and I am really missing it!
    Maybe I will get accustomed to the new forum, but is it possible for You to put this feature back?

Thank You and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

• Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for the feedback. It's taking me some time to figure out where everything is now, too.
    The older version of vBulletin and supporting software was reaching End of Life, so we needed to get this update out before the holidays, but we're not done tweaking the interface here and there to try and make things easier.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrroe
      Pooh-Bah
      • Oct 2007

I'm missing that function, too. Please bring it back as soon as possible.
      If you are used to it for years, it's quite time-consuming to open each section manually ...

Bye
      Christoph

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

Two workarounds: near the top of the screen has a Forum button, and under that is a New Topics button that functions similarly (chronological list of all new topics/posts), but removes any you've replied to. The other is to use the Advanced Search, set to show everything in chronological order, and select the top-level Forum from the list of sub-forums, and you can search to reveal a chronological list.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• LB97
          Journeyman
          • Jan 2015

I'm still adjusting to this as well. The closest thing I've found is to click 'Last Visit' in the Date Range section of the Advanced Search page. The URL I get for this is as follows:

https://www.scootersoftware.com/vbul...%7D&btnSubmit=

I've put this on my bookmarks bar. The new system doesn't seem to be quite as easy to navigate as before, but I guess I'll get used to it.

Comment

• RodolfoGiovanninetti
            Veteran
            • Oct 2007

I tried to get accustomed to the new forum system, but I cannot!
            So, I still miss the new posts feature!
            Also, if I open a thread, previously I could go to the first unread message, and now no longer.
            Is it possible for You to contact the forum software and ask how to bring back these two features?

Thank You again and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comment

• Aaron
              Team Scooter
              • Oct 2007

Under the main header up top "Forums" and above the sub navigation bar "Home -> Forum - >Beyond Compare 4 Discussion -> General", there is a New Topics button that has similar functionality. Similar to mentioned above, the Advanced Search with the "Forum" selected can provide a list of new posts. We have a few more underlying systems and website updates we need to work on, but we'll be revisiting the forum after those upgrades.
              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrroe
                Pooh-Bah
                • Oct 2007

Hello alltogether,

now that the Forum-Software has been updated again (5.6.0) I still cannot find the missing function. The proposed workarounds are not practicable for me. I must confess, that the frequency in which I visit this forum has decreased massively (from "almost every day" to "maybe once a month") .

@Scooter: If you don't want to increase users dissatisfaction, you should raise the priotity of this issue.
                Else some long-year active forum members may fall into cryo-sleep ... and that is something nobody wants.

Stay healthy, Bye
                Christoph

Comment

• Aaron
                  Team Scooter
                  • Oct 2007

I'm sorry to hear that. We haven't had the time to customize this change in behavior between major vBulletin releases. Personally, I do still use a combination of the two above methods. New Posts works pretty well at catching what I haven't seen, and the Forum Search functions the same as the old New Posts button, just with more clicks to get there.
                  Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• RodolfoGiovanninetti
                    Veteran
                    • Oct 2007

I am looking at one of the forum pages, but I cannot see "New Topics".
                    Where I have to click?

Thank You and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Click image for larger version

Name:	New Topics.png
Views:	224
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	82992

Comment

• Aaron
                      Team Scooter
                      • Oct 2007

Hello,

Hmm, you should have a link in between the Forums tab and the Forum > Subforum bar. I'll include a screenshot of what I see on my test system as a test account.

Also including a screenshot of the Advanced Search, which, when selected, I then only select which Forum I want to search (usually the top level "Forum") in a list just off screen, then search (blank) to find everything posted.
                      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• RodolfoGiovanninetti
                        Veteran
                        • Oct 2007

I tried with four browsers on my Windows 10 Pro 1909 English 64: edge; internet explorer; firefox (two versions); chrome.
                        But in none of them I can see the "New Topics".
                        I will try to see if the "Advanced Search" option works for me.

Regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comment

• Aaron
                          Team Scooter
                          • Oct 2007

I think your screenshots have really helped, RodolfoGiovanninetti . I've started making test accounts of different forum user levels, and I'm seeing different results. We're pretty busy with the COVID19 news and organizing work from home, but we'll try to take a look into this and get that button appearing for everyone.
                          cc: chrroe
                          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrroe
                            Pooh-Bah
                            • Oct 2007

Hello,

I can't see any progress on this issue even after the update to vBulletin 5.6.2p1 this august

Bye
                            Christoph

Comment

Working...