No announcement yet.

Really missing the "New posts" feature!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really missing the "New posts" feature!

In the new forum system, I cannot find the "New posts" feature, and I am really missing it!
    Maybe I will get accustomed to the new forum, but is it possible for You to put this feature back?

Thank You and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Thanks for the feedback. It's taking me some time to figure out where everything is now, too.
    The older version of vBulletin and supporting software was reaching End of Life, so we needed to get this update out before the holidays, but we're not done tweaking the interface here and there to try and make things easier.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I'm missing that function, too. Please bring it back as soon as possible.
      If you are used to it for years, it's quite time-consuming to open each section manually ...

Bye
      Christoph

Comment

Hello,

Two workarounds: near the top of the screen has a Forum button, and under that is a New Topics button that functions similarly (chronological list of all new topics/posts), but removes any you've replied to. The other is to use the Advanced Search, set to show everything in chronological order, and select the top-level Forum from the list of sub-forums, and you can search to reveal a chronological list.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I'm still adjusting to this as well. The closest thing I've found is to click 'Last Visit' in the Date Range section of the Advanced Search page. The URL I get for this is as follows:

https://www.scootersoftware.com/vbul...%7D&btnSubmit=

I've put this on my bookmarks bar. The new system doesn't seem to be quite as easy to navigate as before, but I guess I'll get used to it.

Comment

I tried to get accustomed to the new forum system, but I cannot!
            So, I still miss the new posts feature!
            Also, if I open a thread, previously I could go to the first unread message, and now no longer.
            Is it possible for You to contact the forum software and ask how to bring back these two features?

Thank You again and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comment

Under the main header up top "Forums" and above the sub navigation bar "Home -> Forum - >Beyond Compare 4 Discussion -> General", there is a New Topics button that has similar functionality. Similar to mentioned above, the Advanced Search with the "Forum" selected can provide a list of new posts. We have a few more underlying systems and website updates we need to work on, but we'll be revisiting the forum after those upgrades.
              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
              X